Click on the songlist below to buy the Desert Snow CD!
1. Halcyon is the name of a mythical bird that was believed to have the power of calming the wind and the waves of the sea during Winter Solstice. I named this song Halcyon Way because Jesus Christ can calm the sea at any time (not just during Winter Solstice) and he said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father (God) except through me (John 14:6). He can calm the storms of life, too, and walk with you through a time of sorrow.
When you experience the peace and calm that can be yours even during difficult times, the realization of his mighty power can give you great bursts of joy and so Halcyon Way is filled with jubilant energy! CELTIC DANCE STYLE
2. You Remain The Same is based upon Psalm 102:24-27;104:1-4. It is also based upon the picture you can get from reading Ezekiel chapters 1 and 10. If you read these chapters several times, you will begin to get an awesome picture of God! His throne is pictured on a blue expanse that is seen by Ezekiel in the sky surrounded by black storm clouds and lightning. Above the throne of God are the Seraphim, and below the expanse of blue are the Cherabim. Their appearance is described in these chapters. In the Holy of Holies, the place where only the Old Testament priests could go (see the book of Leviticus), it says that God is “Enthroned above the Cheribim.” This was referring to the Cheribim that were placed on top of the Ark of the Covenant (as well as the real angels they symbolized). Click HERE for the lyrics page. ---->
CELTIC POP STYLE
3. From Earth to Heaven begins with a restless, dark musical passage in 5/4 time and gradually changes into joyful, serene music that represents our passage from this world to the next. Although there are many trials on earth, Revelation 21:4 says that “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” CELTIC DANCE
4. Celtic Summer Dance is played by a harp and piano. It is very peaceful and when I wrote it I was envisioning the scene from Fiddler on the Roof when Tevya saw his daughters dancing on a hilltop in the sunlight and thinking of all the memories he had of them as children. As children grow up we still have those memories and it is hard sometimes to accept the passing of time. It is especially hard for those parents whose children have left this earth prematurely and now only have memories of them. To those memories I dedicate this song. CELTIC NEW AGE MUSIC
5. Desert Snow is a song that goes with a video I made of a snowstorm in the desert near Florence, Arizona. Sometimes our lives can be an emotional desert where we feel lost and alone. But if we seek the presence of God he sends his love and comfort and peace during the worst times. No matter where we are, when the snow falls it touches us. The snow symbolizes God’s presence and his love that is always present no matter where we walk in life. CELTIC POP